I will do a memtest and try it with another CD also and let you know.
thanks,
Jim
[quote="eadz"]Originally Posted by true1ever
Wlcardconfig would be a great addition.
I also put my vote in for Gaim.
What would you think about substituting Phoenix for Mozilla? Phoenix has all the browsing features of mozilla and is smaller and faster. I don't think people are using the html editor (though i could be wrong) and for e-mail there is Kmail.
On a more optional note....I know that you played around with a preemptible kernel for Knoppix. Was it stable? If it worked well, it would be pretty cool to try out.
Can't think of anything else now.
I will do a memtest and try it with another CD also and let you know.
thanks,
Jim
[quote="eadz"]Originally Posted by true1ever
Add Wine (and winesetuptk, Xwine) and menus so stuff like gimp get listed and I think it'll be near perfect.
(Phoenix would be nice too but since konq 3.1 has tabs it doesn't matter so much)
I poped back onto this thread soley to suggest the inclusion of WINE. I'm glad the previous post already mentioned this. WINE would be a welcomed addition.
Mozilla should be there:What would you think about substituting Phoenix for Mozilla? Phoenix has all the browsing features of mozilla and is smaller and faster. I don't think people are using the html editor (though i could be wrong) and for e-mail there is Kmail.
e-mail client can filter imap, the 1.3 views, ...
DOM-inspector is very useful
Calendar
...more (does Phoenix support xml/xslt?)
Frank
Hey I love KnoppixKDE "best . distro . ever" as the comic book guy from simpsons would say. I would suggest Wine, xChat a must, Phoenix, Apache w/ PHP 4 | Mysql. Heh and possibly the ut2003 linux demo
[Edit: and a preset password for root like "knoppix"]
an option to create a boot floppy, please (I tried the image on the iso, but it didn't seem to work).
Thanks!
(Great distro, btw)
Gaim most current cvs
xine wth plugin to view subtitles
kernel patched to support lm_sensors (for hardware monitoring)
thanks![]()
startup option to remove that framebuffer. I hate it. please, I'd just like to be able to have the original knoppix style fb.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Apple Mac Pro (A1186, "8Core" 2007)Xeon X5365-4GB Ram 1TB HDD OS XLeopard NVIDIA
$274.99
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 8th Gen: Core i7-10510U, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, WIn 11 Pro
$299.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99
Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99
SRF8X Intel Xeon Gold 6240 18 Core 2.60GHz 24.75MB 150W Processor CPU
$19.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$398.00
8-Core 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor, High Performance CPU for Gaming & W
$396.99
Dell Optiplex 7070 SFF i7-9700 8-Core 3.0GHz 16B Ram NO HDD NO OS
$199.99