Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

Thread: KnoppixKDEv2

  1. #21
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Northridge, California
    Posts
    48

    KDE Apps from Source.

    I have never used your disk, you may be touching the tip of the iceberg of potential KDE apps. Many you have to compile from source at www.kde.org.

    How about gambas.

    How about php with php-gtk, php-gd.

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1

    Koctave

    I'd like to see Koctave (a front-end for the popular octave math package) in the next version. I don't know if it's debianized, but works with KDE 3.1. Thanks in advance.

  3. #23
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Guayaquil, Ecuador
    Posts
    14
    Xine as default movie player, noatun is inestable.

    startup option to remove that new framebuffer boot.

  4. #24
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    16
    Knoppix KDE rocks! I have been playing with it for the last couple of days and have been VERY impressed.

    Suggestions:
    The boot menu - list the original Knoppix boot options when F2 is pressed.
    kWiFiManager - the configuration doesn't get saved.

    Any idea when you may have this available?

  5. #25
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    16
    Also - I didn't seem to find boot.img in the KNOPPIX directory on the CD. This breaks the mkfloppy.bat script to be used to build a boot floppy.

    Thanks!

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2

    For people who would like to install....

    I installed KnoppixKDE and I am I having a blast using it, and you're looking at a guy who was (key word is WAS) Pro Microsoft. I've customized the crap out of the look and feel and have this thing looking the way I like. Here are somethings you might want to consider in your next version.

    On HD Installs

    1 - my internet was not working, eth0 was not configured. I had to run netcardconfig inorder to surf the web. It would not save these settings and I would have to run netcardconfig everytime I booted in. (might be a bug)

    2 - XCursor still showing up on menus throughout KDE

    3 - If a user chooses to install, is there a way to have the installer edit the FStab file to allow for hard drive mounts, instead of a user having to edit the file himself. I noticed that was a question that came up at least ten times a day in various forums. i.e. "I installed but can't access my windows partition..."

    4 - Maybe have an installer app right in the K menu when booted into the cd. That's another question we can get out of the forums "I love it, How Do I install...."


    Rav

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    9
    any chance to get the nvidia driver installed?
    se my post here:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=942

  8. #28
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    KnoppixKDE rules!

    My wishes:

    * LyX (the new QT/KDE version)
    * apache, PHP, mysql (for web development)
    * gaim (as long as kopete does not work with AIM)
    * Bootsplash animated Progress Bar (the Suse Patch CAN do that!)

    Looking forward the next KnoppixKDE!

  9. #29

    Other language support

    Why not install "kde-i18n-**" packages to put KDE desktop in other languages?
    At least the three or four most important.

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1

    What I would like...

    Hi,
    I've had a look at KnoppixKDE and missed GIMP. Have I just been blind or is it really missing?

    I would love seeing it in KnoppixKDE, as well as Evolution.
    Sorry to read about OO.org not being to become part of it, because I really prefer it over KOffice (my personal opinion).

    Otherwise:
    Nice thingy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair

$88.75



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95