-
For people who would like to install....
I installed KnoppixKDE and I am I having a blast using it, and you're looking at a guy who was (key word is WAS) Pro Microsoft. I've customized the crap out of the look and feel and have this thing looking the way I like. Here are somethings you might want to consider in your next version.
On HD Installs
1 - my internet was not working, eth0 was not configured. I had to run netcardconfig inorder to surf the web. It would not save these settings and I would have to run netcardconfig everytime I booted in. (might be a bug)
2 - XCursor still showing up on menus throughout KDE
3 - If a user chooses to install, is there a way to have the installer edit the FStab file to allow for hard drive mounts, instead of a user having to edit the file himself. I noticed that was a question that came up at least ten times a day in various forums. i.e. "I installed but can't access my windows partition..."
4 - Maybe have an installer app right in the K menu when booted into the cd. That's another question we can get out of the forums "I love it, How Do I install...."
Rav
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA
$799.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY.
$49.99