-
Laptop's temperature and otheres..
Hi guys! I gotta say that Knoppix is VERY cool. I've been using Linux for quite a while, currently I'm using Gentoo at home and told my teachers to _buy_ Knoppix (whoohoo) at school =) Anyway. I have a little problem with my laptop.
It's an Acer Aspier 1300 with Athlon XP 1400+. In Windows it runs @ 1.2 Ghz sometimes, and @ 450Mhz sometimes (when on battery). The problem is that Knoppix doesn't detect when I switch to battery and as a result, I run out of power in quite short time. And another problem (almost more important then that battery stuff) is that the fan is never ON! And that makes the CPU quite warm after a while, and since I'm afraid of my new laptop I have to shut it down after 15 minutes or so.... What can I do to see the temperatre?? gKrellm?? Actually I never had to check it since my old desktop is to old to check its CPU's temp... But now I *have* to check it!
What can I do to get it working?? Please help me since I want to use Knoppix but I *don't* want to burn my CPU =)
Cheers,
Jacob
Similar Threads
-
By champagnemojo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 12:50 PM
-
By andrei in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 07:01 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2003, 05:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$94.95