Hi @all!
I'm interested in the same things!! Especially in loading various configurations for different boot-parameters!
Is this possible?
THX
clumsy
Is it possible to create my own cheatcode?
I basically want the user to be able to type in : knoppix user1 OR knoppix user2 or something like that.
knoppix user1 would combine the noeject, and the noscsi option
knoppix user2 would combine the noeject, noscsi, and nosound options
Just an example.
I would also like to be able create a cheatcode that runs a specific shell script. Eg: knoppix script1 would run /etc/init.d/ssh start
while knoppix script2 would run /etc/init.d/apache start, for example
Any ideas?
- Ambrose
Hi @all!
I'm interested in the same things!! Especially in loading various configurations for different boot-parameters!
Is this possible?
THX
clumsy
Sure it's possible but it will take some time and work on your part... in brief:
1) learn how to remaster the Knoppix CD... there is info in DOCS and the forums on this site as to how you do this
2) dig into the main startup script for Knoppix where most of the work gets done... this is the /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig script. This is where most of the boot codes are checked and various startup actions taken based on those. You will need to be a pretty capable BASH script writer to make the mod's you need. Once changed, you will then need to burn a new CD based on the changed Knoppix directory structure.
Hope that leads you into the direction you need....
Excellent! That is exactallu the answer I was looking for.
I was afraid that the cheetcodes where build into the kernel.
Thanks,
- Ambrose

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM
$37.99
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95
16GB of Samsung (8GB x 2) DDR5 M378A2K43CB1 UDIMM PC5-4800B 288-Pin Unbuffered
$185.99
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
G.Skill Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) (DDR5-6000 DDR5 RAM Memory Cl30-38-38-96 AMD EXPO
$419.95
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz DIMM ECC 288-pin
$55.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Kingston KF432S20IBK2/32 FURY Impact 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MT/s CL20 Laptop Memory
$150.00
LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99