-
Dell Dimension quandary
I have a Dell Dimension 4550, P IV, 512 MB RAM, nvidia card. I have tried to run several different knoppix live CD versions, using just about every cheat code including failsafe, with no success.
However, recently I have been able to run the Slax and the Dyne:bolic live CDs with absolutely no problem - no cheat codes.
I prefer to run the knoppix versions, which I do readily on my Sony notebook. Does anyone know of a reason why I'm having so much difficulty with the Dell Dimension 4550.
Thanks
-
Junior Member
registered user
Do you have more information about that computer? Whch harddisks does it use? Which soundcard? And what are the error messages you get when booting? (If you don't get any, have patience and wait a bit longer...)
Similar Threads
-
By jkellyjr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 05:47 AM
-
By hj.geiss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 04:48 PM
-
By Terrio in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 01:35 AM
-
By H-Makro in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 08:04 AM
-
By Anodos in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 02:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks 25GBASE-LR SMF 25Gbps 10km 1310nm LC SFP 740-071562 Lot 10
$1200.00

JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU
$6998.00

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99