Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: WiFi card not recognized...strange install.

  1. #1

    WiFi card not recognized...strange install.

    I have an IBM T40 laptop with the integrated dual band wireless.
    It came with windows XP, which I like a lot.
    I partitioned the drive, dedicating about 5 gb to linux.
    I loaded and installed the debian off of my knoppix disk.
    Using Lilo I have it set to access either partition.
    The linux doesn't recognize that there is an on board wifi card.
    Here is the info on the card:
    Phillips Components.
    PCI slot 1 (Pci Bus 2, device 2, function 0)

    I'd like to keep it so that I can continue to use wireless in my XP partition (I use XP pro), and get wireless in the linux.

    p.s. total noob here. about 99% noob.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    9

    Perhaps

    I'm not 100% certain on this, but I think that the T40 uses the Centrino wireless stuff?

    Last I heard it is not natively supported in Linux, but you could check out the following that can wrap around the windows drivers:

    http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/

Similar Threads

  1. Can't See WiFi Card
    By deutschemonte in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 08:36 PM
  2. WiFi Card goes bye-bye on HD install restart
    By dallas7 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2004, 01:36 PM
  3. My wireless card is not recognized
    By gradnite in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2004, 01:10 AM
  4. wireless card not recognized..still.
    By phantomshado in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 10:33 PM
  5. ISDN card not recognized
    By chrisr in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 08:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$14.86



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS picture

~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS

$349.95