go to ATI's Web Site and download the Driver
it may just solve your problem
I have an ATI Radeon 9000 that is detected by knoppix at boot, however, when I go to the video card settings in the 'control center' I see that the video card is set to 'generic fbdev' (and DVD's play badly with the generic settings).
The only options I have in control center are ATI Radeo QD, QE, QF, and QG. Which of these is the Radeon 9000? None work when I boot with the settings fb1024x768 knoppix myconfig=/dev/hda1
What am I doing wrong?
-dave
go to ATI's Web Site and download the Driver
it may just solve your problem
Try booting with the cheatcode xmodule=radeon
I just got a driver and it won't install
You can't easily install the driver if you're running from CD, you'd have to install the OS to your hard drive.

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM
$37.99
Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4
$1499.00
XPG Spectrix D50 8GB 1x8 DDR4-3600 CL18-22-22 288-Pin UDIMM RAM
$50.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] 8GB DDR3 LAPTOP RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX, etc.
$89.99
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3600MHz CMW16GX4M2D3600C18
$99.70
LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99
Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 RAM 16GB (1X16GB) 3200Mhz CL16 Desktop Memory
$182.23