-
WiFi card not recognized...strange install.
I have an IBM T40 laptop with the integrated dual band wireless.
It came with windows XP, which I like a lot.
I partitioned the drive, dedicating about 5 gb to linux.
I loaded and installed the debian off of my knoppix disk.
Using Lilo I have it set to access either partition.
The linux doesn't recognize that there is an on board wifi card.
Here is the info on the card:
Phillips Components.
PCI slot 1 (Pci Bus 2, device 2, function 0)
I'd like to keep it so that I can continue to use wireless in my XP partition (I use XP pro), and get wireless in the linux.
p.s. total noob here. about 99% noob.
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By deutschemonte in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By dallas7 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 01:36 PM
-
By gradnite in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 01:10 AM
-
By phantomshado in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 10:33 PM
-
By chrisr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-20-2003, 08:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

VMware SD-WAN Edge 640N VeloCloud Dell E42W EnterpriseFirewall 32GB
$127.50

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99

Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99