My native language is English, and I have removed all other language packages. It did not affect the working of my KDE that I can tell. Many of those languages packages are over 10 MB, so removing them does free up disk space.
Hi everybody:
I was wondering if I could remove many of the different languages included in kde (named as kde-i18n-fr, kde-i18n-es...), that's kepping the only ones I need (my language, or the neccesary ones). If I could I would save many hard disk space in my hd installed linux and could do a personal customized knoppix.
thanks in advance.
My native language is English, and I have removed all other language packages. It did not affect the working of my KDE that I can tell. Many of those languages packages are over 10 MB, so removing them does free up disk space.
Yes, sure; each of those weights at about 20 Mb, so they take a bit of space indeed...
Thanks. I'll do it
Execute localepurge from Konsole, and more than 100 M disk space will be saved!

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Lot Of (8) Mixed RAM Spacer DDR4 2666 Micron 2400T Samsung 2133P Desktop Server
$880.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$239.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$260.00