try knoppix vga=normal at boot prompt.
Good luck.
Hi, I'm relatively new to Linux and have only used Knoppix to date. I recently tried using Knoppix3.2 with my new machine: Asus p4c800 mobo - Pentium 4 2.8ghz - Crucial Radeon 9100.
I don't get any boot info at all, my monotor appears to go into power save for the duration of the boot, then goes straight to the knoppix wallpaper etc. It does the same at shutdown too. I read somewhere in an earlier post that someone else had a similar problem also with similar hardware, but he didn't seem to find a solution. Is there anyone here that might be able to shed some light on this?
ps I tried using the "Knoppix noddc noapm" code but it did no good.
ATB Martyn
try knoppix vga=normal at boot prompt.
Good luck.
Thanx a lot for that, it worked! I gather there's a few problems with ATI graphics cards, everything seems ok once it's all up n running though.
Many thanx for the swift solution.
Cheers M

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72