Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix forgets network-configuration

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix forgets network-configuration

    I installed reacently Knoppix 3.3 on my harddrive, but after each reboot I have to do the network-configuration (Network-> Network Configuration) again?
    Does anyone knows an answer?

    THX,
    Robert.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    What kind of networking do you have? I use pump for my ethernet interfaces so I just added it to /etc/bootmisc.sh

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2

    Type of ethernet

    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    What kind of networking do you have? I use pump for my ethernet interfaces so I just added it to /etc/bootmisc.sh
    I do have "normal" Ethernet. The problem is that Knoppix forgets my IP, DNS, Gate, etc. after a reboot?!

    Robert.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Put that info into /etc/resolv.conf . I use DHCP so not so familiar w/ static (it's quite a nuissance).

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix forgets the Time... kinda...
    By Gleeb in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 10:12 AM
  2. knoppix 3.4 forgets network settings
    By CatThief in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 03:29 AM
  3. Network Configuration???
    By jimbo62 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 04:20 AM
  4. network/internet configuration?
    By quiek in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 11:25 PM
  5. saving network configuration
    By winterw in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive

$349.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$58.00



Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033

$125.00



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95