I can't figure out how to access the memory
stick.
From dmesg:
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
scsi1 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
Vendor: Sony Model: Storage Media Rev: PROL
Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
SCSI device sda: 256000 512-byte hdwr sectors (131 MB)
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 4
USB Mass Storage support registered.
mtrr: base(0xf8000000) is not aligned on a size(0x180000) boundary
PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 00:01.0
FAT: bogus logical sector size 65535
VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev 08:01.
FAT: bogus logical sector size 65535
VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev 08:01.
Windows finds it, and it is formatted in vfat
and it does contain data. I made a directory,
/mnt/mem and I added this line to /etc/fstab:
/dev/sda1 /mnt/mem vfat rw,noauto,user 0 0
I can save to either /mnt/mem or /mnt/sda1 but
what happens is that it saves to the HDD, and
nothing ever appears on the memory stick, and
I can't read what is actually on the stick.
What am I doing wrong?

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
Dell Precision 3650 Tower Intel LGA 1200 DDR4 Desktop Motherboard NDYHG
$59.99
ā Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)ā
$29.90
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$101.99
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99