-
Senior Member
registered user
Question on Audio Hijacking ?
Hijacking ? Interesting word, but I think it applies to what I want to do...
In Windows, I was able to play an audio source, or even a DVD, and "hijack" the audio track to save as a WAV file. I have tried, and failed, to be able to do this in Linux/Knoppix.
First the background...
Knoppix HD Installed v 3.3
Sound card...
***** Input coming from an external stereo system.
***** Output going to both speakers on monitor, and an external stereo system.
All inputs and outputs have been tested, they worked as expected in Windows, and both the in, and outs, have been tested one-at-a-time, in Knoppix/Linux.
What I want to do:
I want to play a DVD, usually XINE, or play a CD, or cassette tape, from either stereo system, or from the internal computer device -=- and record (hijack) the audio to be saved within the computer system. Using the computer CDROM (audio) I usually use XMMS.
I tried XINE and Audacity - XINE worked fine playing, but Audacity yelled about the fact that the audio was locked by another source, and would not allow play, or record, within itself.
In Windows, I agree you can't play two sources at one time, only one source can have control of a output -=- but, Nothing had control of the RECORD side, and in Windows, I could get a audio program to "tap" the record side. It appears, with Audacity, this isn't the case. It wants both control of the Play, but also the Record.
Has anyone had any luck getting audio sources recorded while playing a source???
Thanks in advance...
Cuddles
BTW - My (side/hobby) business is providing AUDIO transcribing to CDROM - usually, customers provide a source on cassette tape (analog), and I take that source, as per customer requirements, and master a CDROM (digital) for them - complete with Liner notes, and labeling. If I can't get Knoppix/Linux to accept input and output from all sources, and still allow recording, I think my (personal) business is going to go under here. Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By Dioxin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-16-2005, 06:35 PM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-22-2005, 06:51 AM
-
By Markus in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-28-2005, 09:56 AM
-
By Rat attack in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-17-2004, 11:36 AM
-
By JockVSJock in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-28-2003, 03:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$452.53

USB 3.2 Metal Flash Drive High Speed Portable USB Memory Stick 1TB 2TB 4TB
$22.15

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99