-
I reinstalled Knoppix, which did lose everything
in the partition. But it still didn't boot. This
time I made notes of the errors at the end of the
install. Then I modified the lilo.conf file, ran
lilo from Knoppix on the HDD after a floppy boot,
and made the partition bootable.
/sbin/lilo -B /boot/sid.bmp -v -C /home/knoppix/tmp/testlilo.conf
Writing boot sector.
Backup copy of boot sector in /boot/boot.0343
I got eight warnings from this but it worked. (I
did use the -t test option first.) It took me about
an hour to set up my personal stuff again, printer,
dialer, etc.
I have two physical hard drives, the first with
Windows 98, the second with Windows XP, Knoppix,
Mandrake, and a linux swap file in partitions. I
use BootItNG to make selections at boot up. Now
everything works fine.
I really like Knoppix. I tried 14 distributions
before deciding on the one I'm going to use to
learn Linux. After I went out and bought an external
modem, I got the internal winmodem to work using
Knoppix, but I still haven't got sound. I have a
Rockwell Chameleon (Conexant Riptide) combo card
with modem and sound on the motherboard.
Similar Threads
-
By theonemonkeyman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 01:06 PM
-
By woodjack in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 07:34 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 09:40 AM
-
By tivadarpreiss in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 01:32 PM
-
By caalex in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 09:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99