I have a netgear WA311 (or something its 802.11b) and at home.
However, I just used driverloader on a 802.11G card and it works well if you wanna stump up the cash!!!
It might be a better investment than a second b card!!!
Hi, I'm looking for a Wireless (802.11b) Card that works with Knoppix (PCI or USB). Can anyone who has gotten their card to work with knoppix please submit the full name to this posting (I'm stuck with Windoze until I can find one that works, I have a Linksys 802.11b WUSB11 v2.6 that doesn't work). Please also submit what version of Knoppix you are running. I want to install Knoppix to HD.
I have a netgear WA311 (or something its 802.11b) and at home.
However, I just used driverloader on a 802.11G card and it works well if you wanna stump up the cash!!!
It might be a better investment than a second b card!!!
The Orinoco / Proxim / etc work (orinoco, orinoco_cs, hermes) all work fine
The Linksys WPC 11 Version 1 - 3 work fine as well.
- Ambrose
I got an SMC 2345 PCMCIA card running using House of Craig's precomplied driver.
The driver was developed for the TI ACX100 chipset and can be studied at Source forge
Google either and you'll be there. There's a list of cards that'll work with this driver as well
Craig's instruction are flawless and I was up and runinng in a few minutes and am still running from the Live CD
I've had enough troubles just trying to get 802.11b to work with Windows, I think I'll 802.11b before sheeling for a new wireless router to go with the connector card. Thanks for the tip.Originally Posted by gowator
All right, I took a risk and got a D-Link DWL-520 card, it's Orinoco based and is recognized (but doesn't work so far) by Knoppix. I ran dmesg and I saw near the end.
orinoco-pci:Busy Timeout
I'm guessing there's a setting I need to change in the BIOS, does anyone know which one? Does anyone else have an Orinoco card that has had this problem?
I have a netgear 511 802.11g pcmcia card that works great when running the live cd. When I install knoppix to the hard drive, it stops working. Any ideas?
Hi.
I have a D-Link DWL-510 PCI board. It is a "11b" adaptor, works on windows, not linux. I don't even know what "chip" it has.
I will probably buy a new adaptor (PCI or USB) that works with knoppix directly, no driverloader or ndiswrapper. Any ideas? (I will look at the sugestion above)
/Ola A
I just got an SMC 2835W 802.11G card. It's supported by the prism54.org drivers which went into Knoppix 2004-02-09. I downloaded the 2004-02-16 release of Knoppix, burnt, ran the wavelan config (putting in the 128bit WEP key and the SSID) and voila I had eth0! Ran the network config and then I had my IP address back from the DHCP server! Very painless so here I am looking for the most apt place to post about it on knoppix.net and hopefully this will do! If your looking for painless 802.11G card for Knoppix I can heartedly recommend this one!
Edimax makes a good card and it's cheap, (PCI version for less than $25 bucks) Plus edimax distributes linux drivers on their site.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00