Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: File Permission ?----------

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1

    File Permission ?----------

    I am trying to restore and save some data from an XP box that has gone down the popular micro$oft way, to hell. So i Popped in my trusty Knoppix cd and started copying some of my important data over. I have run into one problem. There is a XP profile that I need to get into that has a permission of ?-----------. I cant chmod it. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    25

    Re: File Permission ?----------

    Quote Originally Posted by dabuggin1
    I am trying to restore and save some data from an XP box that has gone down the popular micro$oft way, to hell. So i Popped in my trusty Knoppix cd and started copying some of my important data over. I have run into one problem. There is a XP profile that I need to get into that has a permission of ?-----------. I cant chmod it. Any suggestions?
    Well, that'll teach ya.
    Seriously ... this is my favorite way to rescue data on all the XP boxes I get from friends that are toast. And to prove it, I just snagged an MS document from an XP profile on the another partitian of this dual-boot box and copied to the home folder. Yeah, Konquorer complained that it could not 'change' permissions but copied it anyway. I was then able to manipulate it in any fashion.
    Perhaps your XP profile is corrupted. Sorry.

Similar Threads

  1. :?: file:/mnt/sda2 - Permission, Modify content, Error:!:
    By Simonkex in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 06:07 PM
  2. do I need Knoppix permission??
    By dougvega in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 02:19 PM
  3. Write permission
    By sskagent in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 01:38 PM
  4. webserver permission
    By wildcat in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 02:27 AM
  5. X permission problems
    By ocilent1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2003, 12:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B picture

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B

$299.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A picture

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A

$89.95



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q

$185.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$43.00