I had reiserfs on a libranet box and in the install it made you make an ext2 /boot partition on it so you could boot from your hd.
That's one of the reasons I've been using ext3.
rock
Any GRUB experts among us?
I have knoppix installed to the HD working great. I just upgraded to the 1-20-03 version. When I installed an earlier version, I had GRUB set up to boot either Win98 (hda1) or Knoppix (hdd2). With this install, I decided to give ReiserFS a try and formatted hdd2 as ReiserFS. Everything installed fine and it works great when booting with a boot floppy. However, apparently, GRUB needs a Stage1_5 entry when using a boot image on a ReiserFS partition. The GRUB screen comes up fine and Win98 boots fine, but when I select Knoppix. I get a kenel fault error.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Robert
I had reiserfs on a libranet box and in the install it made you make an ext2 /boot partition on it so you could boot from your hd.
That's one of the reasons I've been using ext3.
rock
Hmm. Guess I'll just keep booting with the floppy.![]()
For what it's worth: from the Gentoo Linux installation instructions (http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-install.xml):
"Important: If your boot partition (the one holding the kernel) is ReiserFS, be sure to mount it with the -o notail option so GRUB gets properly installed. Make sure that notail ends up in your new /etc/fstab boot partition entry, too."
I haven't tried this myself though (I took the easy route and used ext3 like rock).
Hope it helps,
Neje

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$22.00
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99