-
Ok there is another problem...
-------------------
Example so you understand what I am looking for:
Lets say that I purchased the rights to use www.myownlinuxdomain.com
I have this domain name hosted by a third party web host. But I want to get a dynamic DNS sevice and host that URL on my own box with my current ISP connection.
Part One
First question:
What does "parked" mean and how do I change it or get them to "Unpark" it?
Second question:
What stops people from "parking" a URL of someone elses and one that I have not paid for?
-------------------
Part Two
Third question:
Now that I have a Dynamic DNS set up with www.myownlinuxdomain.com and an e-mail server, will any *@myownlinuxdomain.com be routed to my email server (according to my email settings of course) or will it go looking elsewhere?
Fourth question:
How do emails get routed, by ISP or by domain name?
-------------------
Part Three
Fifth question:
Is there an easy website that I can go to so that I can learn more about this? ...or should I just buy a gun?
Similar Threads
-
By weedje in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 08:48 PM
-
By hernan in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 02:27 AM
-
By dougvega in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-13-2004, 03:00 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:30 AM
-
By jeramy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99