Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: dd_rescue

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2

    dd_rescue

    Hi there ...

    I'm a bloody newbee using Knobbix .... but I like it ....

    Last week my HD ( IBM 60 Gig ) crashes and I lost all my data ...

    ... now I tried to get the data with the help of dd_rescue back .... and dd_rescue generates a file ..... great ....

    but ... what format is the file .... and how do i got the data out of it ....

    please help ....

    regards
    Derek

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: dd_rescue

    --Yikes dude... You're better off taking the drive to a data-recovery specialist if it had really important stuff on it. Let the pros deal with it.

    dd-rescue is good for getting around read-errors but as far as recovering a filesystem... I've used it on CD's and individual files, but even I wouldn't try to go THAT far with it.

    (Insert Obligatory !!BACKUPS!! mention here)

    Quote Originally Posted by derek
    Hi there ...

    I'm a bloody newbee using Knobbix .... but I like it ....

    Last week my HD ( IBM 60 Gig ) crashes and I lost all my data ...

    ... now I tried to get the data with the help of dd_rescue back .... and dd_rescue generates a file ..... great ....

    but ... what format is the file .... and how do i got the data out of it ....

    please help ....

    regards
    Derek

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2
    Hi ...

    that means .... that i have to know the filenames/foldernames

    I did a overnight dd_rescue and got a 2 Gig File ....
    now what to do with this file ????

    can you give me an example of the right orderspelling for dd_rescue

    regards

    Derek

    Profis are to expensive....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height picture

Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height

$999.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00