-
Knoppix & VMware & LANs
Hi,
I often run knoppix (3.3 11-19) under VMware 4.0 but have had an annoying problem. I can ping my router, I can ping my own knoppix LAN IP but I cannot ping any devices in my lan (other windows boxes).
If I make a static route on the windows box, then & only then can I ping, but otherwise -- no way.
All my windows boxes can ping each other, but knoppix (of any variant, including damn small linux & STD) all only ping themselves and the gateway, that's it.
I am using bridged-networking in VMware.
If anyone has had this issue or has a suggestion, that would be great, thanks for your time.
Bosspacman.
Similar Threads
-
By bspengler in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-12-2005, 01:49 PM
-
By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
-
By Fitzy in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 08:54 PM
-
By Ish Rattan in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 04:49 AM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00