Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Installing SWAT on Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5

    Installing SWAT on Knoppix

    Hi!

    I have installed SWAT on my Knoppix 3.3 doing:

    apt-get install swat

    now if I try on mozilla localhost:901 swat does'nt work!

    How can I do?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    18
    Did you fully read the documents? To get it working on my machine I had to add a line to /etc/services or somewhere that told it to run. I will check tonight when I get home as to what was added. It was a line or two in two different files.

    I think I found the required hints in the documents provided. Either that or I looked on the SWAT website to learn what to do.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    you will need to look at /etc/services and make sure there is a line like this:

    swat 901/tcp # swat

    and then edit /etc/inetd.conf

    #<off># swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/swat

    and remove the #<off># so the line is:
    swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/swat

    ( if that still doesn't work change the /usr/sbin/tcpd in the above line to /usr/sbin/swat )

    HTH

    ~rock

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5
    Thanks!
    Now it works!!!!!!

    You are the best!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Installing KNOPPIX To HDD
    By EvAnE in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 09:18 AM
  2. Help with installing Knoppix 3.6
    By runaway in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 02:19 AM
  3. Installing Knoppix..
    By williamb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 05:36 PM
  4. Swat
    By Lexieke in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2003, 03:45 PM
  5. installing knoppix vs installing Linux from scratch
    By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Vintage Macintosh MacWrite & MacPaint Boxed Software. UNTESTED. sealed  picture

Apple Vintage Macintosh MacWrite & MacPaint Boxed Software. UNTESTED. sealed

$199.99



VINTAGE FACTORY SEALED MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 4.0 CD-ROM - NEW RARE BLUE CD picture

VINTAGE FACTORY SEALED MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 4.0 CD-ROM - NEW RARE BLUE CD

$34.99



Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov picture

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov

$275.00



Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used picture

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used

$39.99



Vintage Thunderware Thunderclock Plus Apple II/IIe UNTESTED  picture

Vintage Thunderware Thunderclock Plus Apple II/IIe UNTESTED

$49.99



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Computer Computer Memory EX32 EDO - KCP601 - Gold Silver  picture

Vintage Computer Computer Memory EX32 EDO - KCP601 - Gold Silver

$30.00



34 Vintage Disks of Corel Software on 3.5

34 Vintage Disks of Corel Software on 3.5" Floppy Disks

$25.95



Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used picture

Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used

$47.99



Vintage Toshiba XM-6201B SCSI 50 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used picture

Vintage Toshiba XM-6201B SCSI 50 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used

$39.99