-
Junior Member
registered user
How can I use a local /mybin directory?
I wish to use a local /mybin directory for various scripts.
What is the best way to do this?
On other machines I normally use /usr/local/bin which is empty in most distros or soft link /usr/local/bin to /home/bin. I have about a hundred scripts and other files there.
On Knoppix I cannot do this easily because /usr exists on the cdrom with lots of files. I also tried creating a /home/bin and put a few scripts in it, but next reboot they had disappeared even though I used the Knoppix/save function to a floppy. However files in /etc are saved and restored ok.
I'm using a floppy to save the configuration info now but later will use a Thumb drive. I don't want to use persistant home because it appears you have to copy the entire Knoppix cdrom to it. I just want to be able to use the Knoppix cdrom anythere and have a small floppy or Thumb to have my customized files there.
Thanks, Pelican
Similar Threads
-
By yadwin in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
-
By ktheking in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-09-2003, 06:34 PM
-
By TheCyberDude in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 03:59 PM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 04:28 AM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 02:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99