Considering the medium you are booting from is read-only what did you expect ?![]()
Using Knoppix 3.3 booted from the cdrom I cannot save mount points
that I have created.
Example: /mnt/wanda
It disappears after reboot.
How can I save these.
Considering the medium you are booting from is read-only what did you expect ?![]()
The cdrom medium has nothing to do with it.
The entire /etc is copied to ram and is saved when you save settings.
The entire /mnt is also in ram, copied over on boot and loaded with
the mounts. It should be saved along with /etc to eliminate having to create the user's mount point each boot.
LA
Pelican,
I take it you are using the CD, and that you are using the Persistant Save options, right?
Are you supplying the boot: cheatcodes to load these Save options?
And, is Knoppix finding them, and loading them when you watch the whole initialization on bootup of Knoppix?
Try using dmesg in a Konsole window, and near the top it should be displaying all the drive information, and later, near(er) the bottom, it should be showing the integration of the Save information... A few places to look for a possible "something" not working right.
Another idea, I take it you have modified the fstab file for your mount points, after rebooting, I take it that the fstab file does not have any of your settings retained - Knoppix on the CD always does a "auto-detect", after installing to your hard drive (through installation), this feature is then turned off, and manual detection/addition is done. While using the CD, you need to use the Persistant options, Save options, and use the boot cheatcodes to activate them.
Just some thoughts,
Cuddles
Yes I am using the CD. No hard drive in box, just a thumbdrive.
I am _not_ using Persistant Save but do a
Save KNOPPIX configuration to the thumbdrive.
To load I am supplying "knoppix myconfig=scan" and I can see it's working as my bashrc loads the alias as called for in my modified /etc/profile and the /etc/bin files are all there.
From looking at /mnt/sda1/config.tbz (the thumbdrive) I see that the "Save KNOPPIX configuration" saves most or all of /etc and /home/knoppix.
Isn't this exactly the same as what Persistant Save does?
If not, what are the differences?
Is it possible to get at and modify the script used in "Save KNOPPIX configuration"?
I see a script posted by Jim (truelever?) to save _other_ homes that looks like it could easily save the mount points or add my mount points on a reboot.
Finally I see that "Save KNOPPIX configuration" saves my commented /etc/fstab just fine.
Pelican

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99