-
Junior Member
registered user
Modem Working from cd but not HD install
I booted from a knoppix cd and was able to connect to the internet thru dial up. I loaded knoppix from the cd to my hard drive and when I boot from my hard drive the kde enviornment is loaded. When I try to setup my internet connection just like I did when running from the cd, It doesnt reckognize I have a modem. I am very new to linux and I am trying to research this on my own. I would appreciate any help on this matter. I have an optinplex gxi. 233mhz 162mb ram w/ hayes PCI modem.
Similar Threads
-
By deshotel in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 04:02 AM
-
By pau in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 06:42 AM
-
By cowmamba in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-21-2003, 07:43 PM
-
By Enoch Chan in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 06:30 PM
-
By jamesgf in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-20-2003, 03:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Precision 7670 i7-12850HX 2.1GHz 32GB 1TB NVMe 16" A1000 Win 11 Pro: Good
$649.00

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00