Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Modem Working from cd but not HD install

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    Modem Working from cd but not HD install

    I booted from a knoppix cd and was able to connect to the internet thru dial up. I loaded knoppix from the cd to my hard drive and when I boot from my hard drive the kde enviornment is loaded. When I try to setup my internet connection just like I did when running from the cd, It doesnt reckognize I have a modem. I am very new to linux and I am trying to research this on my own. I would appreciate any help on this matter. I have an optinplex gxi. 233mhz 162mb ram w/ hayes PCI modem.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    -

    -

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Benroth, Germany
    Posts
    4
    I had the same problem when I made the HD Install by knx-installer. But everything worked fine with knoppix-installer.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    I got it

    All I had to do is find out what port my modem was using and set it up under the devices in the internet kppp dial up setup. Under devices I selected ttsy0 which is the same thing as com1.

Similar Threads

  1. Modem not working--how to configure
    By deshotel in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 04:02 AM
  2. modem usb or isdn card... not working
    By pau in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 06:42 AM
  3. YES!!!!!!i got the modem working (more)
    By cowmamba in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 07:43 PM
  4. My 56k Modem isn't working in Knoppix! :(
    By Enoch Chan in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-16-2003, 06:30 PM
  5. SB Live and US robotics modem not working...please help!
    By jamesgf in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-20-2003, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Silver 128GB SSD 4gb RAM picture

Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Silver 128GB SSD 4gb RAM

$97.97



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL Laptop 15.6

Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL Laptop 15.6" Intel Core i3-8145U 8GB RAM 256GB SSD

$126.65



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY picture

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY

$39.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core 16-Thread 4.6GHz Max Boost, 3.8 GHz Base picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core 16-Thread 4.6GHz Max Boost, 3.8 GHz Base

$170.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00