-
KnoppixCustomKernelHowto problem for patching 2.4.24 kernel
something wrong with howto remaster KNOPPIX
Sorry, but it's too confuse for me. "Oldbies" and knoppix just user until now...
Maybe someone can tell me where's my mistakes.
I try to make a Epia M specific Knoppix.
Need patch 2.4.24 kernel of my 3.3 version
I get linux-2.4.24 from Kernel.org
I get patch-2.4.24-epia1 and .config from http://www.alterself.com/~epia/wiki/...aTheEpiaKernel
I apply "how to remaster KNOPPIX" and "KnoppixCustomKernelHowto" to have Well mounted /mnt/hda1/travail partition with /source /master /boot /mroot in, well linked and with all put in.
I put linux-2.4.24 in /mnt/hda1/travail
I cat successively patch-2.4.24-epia1 and knoppix-kernel-patch | patch -p1 Without pb
Then I cp .config in linux-2.4.24
Do make config
Do make bzImage
and here don't now what to do...
2 questions :
- When Howto say "I suggest copying any other files you wish to modify to the root of your dev partition" : must linux-2.4.24 do be there ? in absolute /dev ?
- Is someone now a howto who explain kernel modification with a KNOPPIX CD-Customizer Script ?
Please HELP...
[/url]
Similar Threads
-
By koolaide187 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 10:55 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 11:05 AM
-
By VeeDubb in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 21
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 09:16 PM
-
By ozfrog in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-12-2003, 09:31 AM
-
By sireasoning in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2003, 03:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Vintage Clear M6531 Apple Pro Speakers by Harman Kardon For iMac G4
$59.45

Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested
$139.99

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99