please follow the steps of remastering given on knoppix.net
Hello,
I have always folowing problem after remastering:
new image will not boot, it breaks with this errror message:
thx
please follow the steps of remastering given on knoppix.net
Hello, I followed all instruction, but it helps not ...
thx
I got almost the same error (without that part of a missing cloop module) when trying the following:
I created a cloop image based on the Knoppix 3.3 from November, then i copied the kernel and isolinux stuff from c't edition to the master directory and exectuted a mkisofs command as stated in the isolinux documentation. Any ideas why it states it can't find the knoppix filesystem. It is there, on the usual location ...
thx,
daja
whit the new version 02-2004 i got the same error.
i remastered whit older versions and had no problems
does the new version use other code?
i used
mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -P "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX | nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -b KNOPPIX/boot.img -c KNOPPIX/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda1/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda1/knx/master
help![]()
Are you using the latest cloop tools ?Originally Posted by Danmak
BTW, how did you generate the screenshot ?![]()
i had the same problem.
i remastered from Fedora, and something is wrong there.
so i started a knoppix cd and gave the "make knop file" and "make knop iso"
commands from there..and now it works!
are you also remastering from Fedora?
I was wondering that too.Originally Posted by windos_no_thanks
![]()
try:
knoppix nodma
or
knoppix26 nodma
[quote="windos_no_thanks"]I'd guess by using VMWare as i amOriginally Posted by Danmak
![]()
I have this problem too after remastering a feather linux (without the missing cloop) .. must have missed something![]()

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01