I can't figure out how to access the memory
stick.
From dmesg:
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
scsi1 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
Vendor: Sony Model: Storage Media Rev: PROL
Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
SCSI device sda: 256000 512-byte hdwr sectors (131 MB)
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 4
USB Mass Storage support registered.
mtrr: base(0xf8000000) is not aligned on a size(0x180000) boundary
PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 00:01.0
FAT: bogus logical sector size 65535
VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev 08:01.
FAT: bogus logical sector size 65535
VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev 08:01.
Windows finds it, and it is formatted in vfat
and it does contain data. I made a directory,
/mnt/mem and I added this line to /etc/fstab:
/dev/sda1 /mnt/mem vfat rw,noauto,user 0 0
I can save to either /mnt/mem or /mnt/sda1 but
what happens is that it saves to the HDD, and
nothing ever appears on the memory stick, and
I can't read what is actually on the stick.
What am I doing wrong?

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$288.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99