Yes, just do a CD copy. I've done it several times.
Hi all..
I DL the iso and successfully burned it onto a 700MB cd...I can boot knoppix from this and all is cool.
This CD now has a dir structure that looks like this:
/Demos
/Knoppix
/Talks
autorun.bat
autorun.inf
index.html
knoppix.ico
QUESTION IS: Can I just do a straight data-cd copy of this CD to make more bootable CD's?
Yes, just do a CD copy. I've done it several times.
crap..crap..crap...
I've done something wrong....
CD#2 looks just like CD#1...same directories and same files.
But, I can't boot off of CD#2....?????????
This same machine boots off of #1 just fine.
What program are you using??
Here's an easy (and very cool) way to make a copy.
1. Boot into the original Knoppix disc.
2. Open a shell and type cdrecord -scanbus
You should get output something like this:
Cdrecord 1.10 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jrg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'
scsibus0:
0,0,0 0) 'SONY ' 'CD-RW CRX160E ' '1.0e' Removable CD-ROM
0,1,0 1) *
0,2,0 2) *
0,3,0 3) *
0,4,0 4) *
0,5,0 5) *
0,6,0 6) *
0,7,0 7) *
You need to take the bus that your burner is listed on and use that info to burn your new CD.
For example I would do it like this:
cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 speed=4 -isosize /dev/scd0
Just plug in your info into dev=x,x,x
Hit return and your new CD will be copied.
A couple of caveats: You can adjust the speed option as high as you want, but just make sure that you don't make it faster than your cd reader can read. Othewise you'll end up with a coaster. You may want to use a CD-RW if you think you will be setting it too high.
I did this on a box with 256 MB of ram. I wouldn't suggest it with anything less than 128.
If you end up with a bad CD, you can blank the CD-RW and start again like this.
cdrecord blank=fast dev=0,0,0
Again plug in your device into the formula above.
Give it a try and see how it goes. I have copied CD's successfully this way.
You can also use k3b to do all this if you want to experiment, but i find the command line much faster.
Ok...I'll give that a shot.
I've been using Adaptec EasyCD Creator 4....not exactly bleeding edge.
--Good info; HOWEVER, if he only has 1 drive and that's the burner: you've got to run Knoppix from HD while doing this, and DD or 'cat' the Knoppix CD to a file (700Meg disk space needed), then burn it.
>> I did this on a box with 256 MB of ram. I wouldn't suggest it with anything less than 128.
--I've used cdrecord on boxes with 32MB of RAM... You just have to boot into text-mode with "knoppix 2" and be sure the burner has at least 2MB of cache.
Originally Posted by aay

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB
$160.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99