Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Will NTFS write ever be supported ???

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10

    Will NTFS write ever be supported ???

    I heard a rumor that Knoppix 3.4 may support writing to NTFS partitions. However I can not find any official documentation on this. Can anyone confirm this or is this just like all rumors turn out to be...BS. I know the ntfs question has been beat into the ground however another distro gnoppix recently implemented this, so I was woundering if there was some truth to Knoppix doing the same as well ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Some custom flavors have added captive NTFS. I know the 3.4 Cebit version of Knoppix has captive NTFS, so I would image that the official 3.4 release will have it also when its available.

Similar Threads

  1. HELP! How can I write to NTFS?
    By cpeter in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 02:35 PM
  2. unable to write to NTFS with captive-ntfs
    By harry66 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 05:03 PM
  3. ntfs write?
    By grexk in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 02:10 AM
  4. NTFS: Will 3.4/2.6 write to NTFS reliably and safely?
    By David Ormsby-Gore in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 09:45 AM
  5. captive ntfs - mount ntfs (reade/write) through icon
    By terminator in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 10:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$245.00



MITS Altair Computer Notes June 1976 picture

MITS Altair Computer Notes June 1976

$90.00



MITS Altair Computer Notes January/February 1977  picture

MITS Altair Computer Notes January/February 1977

$100.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$225.00



MITS Altair Computer Notes July 1976 picture

MITS Altair Computer Notes July 1976

$100.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



MITS Altair Computer Notes May 1976 picture

MITS Altair Computer Notes May 1976

$140.00



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2390.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



Intel 4004 IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair picture

Intel 4004 IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair

$48.00