I can't figure out how to access the memory
stick.
From dmesg:
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
scsi1 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
Vendor: Sony Model: Storage Media Rev: PROL
Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
SCSI device sda: 256000 512-byte hdwr sectors (131 MB)
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 4
USB Mass Storage support registered.
mtrr: base(0xf8000000) is not aligned on a size(0x180000) boundary
PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 00:01.0
FAT: bogus logical sector size 65535
VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev 08:01.
FAT: bogus logical sector size 65535
VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev 08:01.
Windows finds it, and it is formatted in vfat
and it does contain data. I made a directory,
/mnt/mem and I added this line to /etc/fstab:
/dev/sda1 /mnt/mem vfat rw,noauto,user 0 0
I can save to either /mnt/mem or /mnt/sda1 but
what happens is that it saves to the HDD, and
nothing ever appears on the memory stick, and
I can't read what is actually on the stick.
What am I doing wrong?

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$1259.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99