-
Senior Member
registered user
S3 Savage4 Video - not supported??? (resolved)
I have dug, and dug, and dug, even though Knoppix v3.3 thinks my video card is a Prosavage KM133 - I finally found the manual for my motherboard, and it states that on-board video card is a S3 Savage4 - unfortunately, upon looking in Control Center, under Video Cards, a Savage4 card is not supplied.
Considering the video card on the motherboard can handle 3d, and 2d, with faster acceleration than what Knoppix thinks it is -=- I would like to get something as a driver for what my video really is...
Trying to do a search on Knoppix.Net for a topic related to "savage4" - I get a Subject of "kernel updating" and my key word "savage4" - the Google hit says that the topic/thread was someone trying to load savage4.dri into a Knoppix 3.3 kernel, but when I click the link, or copy/paste the topic/forum web addy into mozilla - I get a Subject of someone trying to change the language of Mozilla to Spanish, or a 404 Not found message...
All I want to do is get the driver support for my "real" video card - and hope that it does a lot better than the driver that Knoppix thinks it is - If someone knows a "alternate" driver, that provides the same equivalent of support, please help me out.
Thanks,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By ckassab in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 03:47 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 01-27-2004, 05:31 AM
-
By logiker in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 06:26 AM
-
By nomex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-05-2003, 06:02 PM
-
By charles in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 11:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$70.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us
$15.99

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99