-
For those who have a CMPCI sound card
Hi everybody:
I've been trying to do the same thing for a few months (at least 5), and now I've managed to have good results.
I have a Maxi Sound M;use sound card (c-media cm-8738 chip) and the driver is cmpci.o but there was a problem in my knoppix. This sound card suports 4 speakers, 4 channels, but in my knoppix I just could listen the 2 front speakers.
I have made the same question many times in this forum but never have a solution, so i decided to experiment.
I had realised that in other distros like SuSE 9.0 live or Mandrake, it worked good, i could listen the 4 speakers, and manage the volumes in kmixer, so i did this:
1.- I booted my computer with Suse 9.0live (4 channels sound).
2.- Then i searched the driver file --> cmpci.o and copy it to a floppy disk.
3.- Then I restarted the system into knoppix (hdinstall) and copy this cmpci.o into /lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/kernel/drivers/sound as root, in order to replace the existing one.
4.- Then reboot knoppix. You'll be able to listen all your speakers sound.
I think i can try recompiling the driver, but i don't know exactly haw to do it. If someone can tell me? I think it is a better way than the one i have done. 
I hope this helps others like me.
See you
Similar Threads
-
By rahoo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 22
Last Post: 07-22-2005, 09:36 AM
-
By AngelFch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
-
By Iost in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 02:47 AM
-
By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
-
By dobell in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe
$284.99

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99