Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Build knoppix with apm/acpi & alsa

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    149

    Build knoppix with apm/acpi & alsa

    Other distros do already.......its time.

    I would love to be able to turn my pc off from knoppix, as well as installing alsa so I can turn down the bass on my speakers

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    guess 2.6.x whould be nice for u, has ALSA standard enabled. and acpi etc might come...

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10
    I have the newest Knoppix 3.4, and want to get my sound working. I have Creative Audigy 2. Could someone walk me through it? I typed alsa=scan and got no error messages, but nothing loaded. I'm really new at this!

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    Did you use aumix, to turn volume up?

    What is the output of

    Code:
    lsmod | grep snd

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by user unknown
    Did you use aumix, to turn volume up?

    What is the output of

    Code:
    lsmod | grep snd
    Thank you for replying user unknown, I got it working. I used the cheat code and it worked fine. Guess I was quick to post because I once spent weeks trying to get an aureal card working under Mandrake, and didn't want to go through that again.

    Also, sorry this post is in the wrong place. Like I said, I was too quick to post! So off I go to the newbie section!

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    Re: Build knoppix with apm/acpi & alsa

    Quote Originally Posted by beforewisdom
    Other distros do already.......its time.

    I would love to be able to turn my pc off from knoppix, as well as installing alsa so I can turn down the bass on my speakers
    Kanotix has acpi.

Similar Threads

  1. ACPI:BIOS age (2001) Fails cut off (2002) acpi=force
    By OP4Latino in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 06:27 AM
  2. [ACPI] what acpi kernel support in Knoppix ?
    By Longfield in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 11:54 AM
  3. Alsa problem; alsa-autoconfig does not work
    By ScreamingTemporalDoom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 08:48 AM
  4. problems with alsa alsa-autoconfig doesn't seem to work
    By dzogchen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 06:37 AM
  5. Knoppix & ACPI
    By macguyvok in forum Laptops
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



HP EliteBook 830 G8 Core I7-1185G7 3.00GHz Laptop 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD picture

HP EliteBook 830 G8 Core I7-1185G7 3.00GHz Laptop 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD

$250.00



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Silver 128GB SSD 4gb RAM picture

Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Silver 128GB SSD 4gb RAM

$97.97



AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4

$279.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS picture

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS

$99.99



HP Envy X360 15t-w100 Core i7-5500U@2.4GHz 8GB 256GB SSD Win11Hm Nvidia GeForce  picture

HP Envy X360 15t-w100 Core [email protected] 8GB 256GB SSD Win11Hm Nvidia GeForce

$170.00