Good point Hunkah,
I had to re-read through the complete thread, and I guess we all assumed "everyone" knew this information.
DOS - FAT - VFAT = Windows and DOS -=- Which is now (basically) Microsoft domain...
NTFS - is also Microsoft domain based, and is newer (enough) that at least Knoppix can look at it.
Knoppix can read/write to DOS, FAT, VFAT, its native file systems are ext2, ext3, and forget my misspelling here, reises [?] -=- Knoppix can also read NTFS, but isn't capable, that I know of, to write to it (from what I here).
As someone said, in a post somewhere else - use DOS software/OS's for DOS partitioning, and Linux/Debian/Knoppix software/OS's for the Linux partitioning stuff.
Cuddles

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99