-
Speedtouch Firmware Question
Greetings,
Recently I have been experimenting with the Knoppix dist of Linux, I boot it from a CD. I've read up about the Speedtouch drivers for Linux, however one thing I am concerned about is the modem firmware that needs to be loaded when Knoppix is running, I have a few quesions:
If I install the firmware required for Knoppix, will the modem still work when I return to Windows - is the firmware loaded into the modem on booting the computer?
I know little about both Linux and firmware but I don't want to 'overwrite' (if that is possible) the modem firmware so it won't work in Windows.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By leif81 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 07:03 PM
-
By wisbeech in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 11:32 PM
-
By sprinkles in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 04:48 AM
-
By vengapir8 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-27-2003, 02:31 AM
-
By eporue in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 06:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$305.01

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00