Hi,
I am new to samba and linux in general. I have this small problem.
My Knoppix box is in a big college LAN we friends use Winpopup to communicate with each other so, recently I feel isolated coz I cant message them nor receive them coz we have a strange network structure that hides the workgroups and Net Bios names of very large sections of our netwrok from individiual system so simple
doesnt work for me. I need to specify the exact ip address and I tried suggestedsmbclient -M HOSTNAME
But it doesnt work as it terminates without taking message input from mesmbclient -I -M 10.110.8.110
Ne ideas how I can atleast start sending messages???

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
SHORETEL Lot 5x IP 212K Voip IP212K Black Display Phone Refurbdd Warranty
$799.00
Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00
SHORETEL Lot 10x IP 212K Voip IP212K Black Display Phone Refurbd Warranty
$1699.00
Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99