Hi,
I am new to samba and linux in general. I have this small problem.
My Knoppix box is in a big college LAN we friends use Winpopup to communicate with each other so, recently I feel isolated coz I cant message them nor receive them coz we have a strange network structure that hides the workgroups and Net Bios names of very large sections of our netwrok from individiual system so simple
doesnt work for me. I need to specify the exact ip address and I tried suggestedsmbclient -M HOSTNAME
But it doesnt work as it terminates without taking message input from mesmbclient -I -M 10.110.8.110
Ne ideas how I can atleast start sending messages???

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99