Dear all,
I have been using knoppix for almost 2 months (i am new to linux) and now suddenly it doesn't start !!!
it hangs in the middle with something like:
mask (0xffffffffff)
what I can do to repair the damage?
Thanks for your help.
Nicolas
Dear all,
I have been using knoppix for almost 2 months (i am new to linux) and now suddenly it doesn't start !!!
it hangs in the middle with something like:
mask (0xffffffffff)
what I can do to repair the damage?
Thanks for your help.
Nicolas
nmella,
Are you running Knoppix from CD or from Hard-drive? If from cd then I would say to make sure that the media is clean, try it in a different drive or on a different computer (to make sure the disk isn't trash).
If, on the other hand, you are running from hard drive, then post again and try to be more specific on where exactly it hangs.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99