Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 23 of 23

Thread: kernel 2.6.0

  1. #21
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by dobell
    Hi:

    but I think, i downloaded the kernel image, so it is compilled, not the source code, so if this kernel is compilled and installed,

    how can i make it run?

    I don't have to do this makes, haven't I? only configure something to run it?
    If it is a kernel image from Debian then you use the dpkg program as root to install there are examples of the command in the posts above and this is one case where you will have to edit lilo as in Hayabusa's post above and you would want to add the initrd line to the new kernel stanza that was created when you installed and then run lilo again as posted above.

  2. #22
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Salamanca, Spain
    Posts
    60
    Hi everybody:

    I've been off many time, but work is work.

    I'm wondering what have I done wrong. I have compiled and installed the kernel packages lots of times but always is the same result. It loads the kernel, then says Bios data check successfull and then, nothing. i think I have to specify something to start runing, do you agree? what is it?

  3. #23
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    130
    dobell:

    I have tried multiple times and always get the same result you describe. Most recently, I tried this on a system running Debian installed with the official Debian installer, so it is not a Knoppix problem. I followed the steps above, extracted the kernel source, copied a working config file, did "make menuconfig". The only changes I made to the configuration was switch processor from "386" to "K7" and switching Reiserfs support from "M" to "*" so that I wouldn't need an initrd. Still no luck. BIOS check OK, then nothing....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. kernel-source or kernel-tree
    By echo6 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 11:42 AM
  2. How do I install kernel source and config/compile kernel??
    By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
  3. Errors and kernel panic during boot (2.6 Kernel)
    By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
  4. Kernel Source 2.4.23-xfs and Kernel install for wlan-ng
    By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
  5. Modified kernel results in Kernel Panic - No init found.
    By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4

$279.99



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST picture

Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST

$159.99



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98