-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: kernel 2.6.0

Originally Posted by
dobell
Hi:
I have downloaded oficcial packages of kernel 2.6.0 and installed them with apt-get.
I think it is all ok. I did the configuration changes in lilo.conf (including vga=normal) but when I try to enter the new kernel (selected in lilo) it loads the kernel into memory, but then, it stops and doesn't do anything.
Where is the problem? What have I to do?
If I have to conpile the kernel sources, have I to install any required program?
Finally, if the kernel works, can i remove the kernel 2.4.22-xfs packages?
Thanks in advance
Well I see no mention of you installing the module-init-tools or the linux-kernel-headers packages. Perhaps you could explain in more detail the steps you took in the compile as well. You could remove the 2.4.22-xfs kernel if you get the new to boot but it is always nice to have the working install kernel leftover in case you have any problems down the line this way you know that it should be bootable and when booted it should work as it did before.
Similar Threads
-
By echo6 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-08-2005, 11:42 AM
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$139.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00