-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: kernel Compile problems

Originally Posted by
totothehero
Hi all
I'm running knoppix 2004-02-09EN, and am trying to upgrade to a 2.6 kernel (2.6.2 or 4, I just want a 2.6.X...). I've downloaded the kernel-source .debs (via apt) for 2.6.2, untar'd the kernel-source tar in /usr/src, symlinked the new directory with /usr/src/linux, cd'd to /usr/src/linux and tried make menuconfig. i also tried make xconfig, but no matter which config I try to make, I get the same error output:
Code:
root@castalia:/usr/src/linux# make xconfig
HOSTCC scripts/fixdep
In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:35,
from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:24,
from scripts/fixdep.c:107:
/usr/include/bits/socket.h:305:24: asm/socket.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [scripts/fixdep] Error 1
make: *** [scripts/fixdep] Error 2
The same occurs with the 2.6.0 kernel-source (I can't patch the 2.6.0 kernel, either, by the way). I dunno what to do. Any ideas? Thanks
toto
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...582&highlight=
Similar Threads
-
By echo6 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-08-2005, 11:42 AM
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00