-
Senior Member
registered user
Sunray,
I found the following, under "Docs" along the top of the Knoppix.Net Web site, and then went to HDD Install topic documentation:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqInstall
One point I can tell you, if the "knx-hdinstall" is like the one I went through, the part where it says "just following the instructions on the screen" - is WAY under-rated - If you have gotten around in FDisk in the windows world a few times, then you will be fine, but if you haven't, then...
When the installer says it will next start CFDisk so you can setup your hard drive partitions - this is the Linux equivalent to FDisk in Windows - you will want to setup AT LEAST - (1) partition of type "Linux" - this is the BIG Main OS/File partition, and (1) partition of type "Linux Swap" - usually around 500meg. I took the "chicken" way out - I was affraid of messing up my Windows drive, so I installed a second hard drive, and set it up solely for Knoppix, the easy way out 
With my new system, I only have Knoppix/Linux on it, and it was done the same way as the documentation shows. Once you do it once, or twice, you learn the ropes [giggle]
Hope this helps a little,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By rpeck in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2005, 03:02 AM
-
By biscuits91 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 03:59 AM
-
By kornface13 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 03:16 PM
-
By kessragnell in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 06:59 AM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 06:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Switch Lite 8 PoE
$65.00

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99