-
Not all apps transfered during HD install
After doing knx-hdinstall, I cannot access all programs; i.e. games, specifically Falcon's Eye. In the Games directory it appears as shell script instead of executable. Any ideas as to how I can get it on my HD? TIA.
-
Alright, I was incorrect about file transfer. Did find the exe, but app (Falcon's Eye) will not run. My son likes this game, so I would like for him to be able to play it without me having to run it from CD. Anyone have any ideas as to why it won't open from HD, but will run from CD??? Any suggestins would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try typing
falconseye
in an Xterm/Konsole and it should run. I've not investigated further, but I think that somehow the "clicker" in the K menu is pointing to the wrong place.
BTW, if you've set up an account for your son (that's to say, if you've given him his own user account) make sure that he's a member of the games group.
-
Thanks fingers99, that works. My next question; how can I make the link (Start Applications/Games/Falcons Eye) open the app? Is there any way (not too complex) of repairing this?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Cyberzombie
Thanks fingers99, that works. My next question; how can I make the link (Start Applications/Games/Falcons Eye) open the app? Is there any way (not too complex) of repairing this?
From the Kmenu -> Settings -> Menu Editor then go to the link for the program and change it to the proper settings. Use locate falconseye or dpkg -S falconseye in a console window to find where binary is located.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-10-2005, 05:29 PM
-
By jeopardyracing in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 04:43 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 08:01 AM
-
By prodmaster in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:02 PM
-
By shandar in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 12:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00

Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO Cable
$170.00

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks
$69.99

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Carrying Case for My Arcade Atari Gamestation Go Retro Video Games Console,Stand
$48.51

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00