After doing knx-hdinstall, I cannot access all programs; i.e. games, specifically Falcon's Eye. In the Games directory it appears as shell script instead of executable. Any ideas as to how I can get it on my HD? TIA.
After doing knx-hdinstall, I cannot access all programs; i.e. games, specifically Falcon's Eye. In the Games directory it appears as shell script instead of executable. Any ideas as to how I can get it on my HD? TIA.
Alright, I was incorrect about file transfer. Did find the exe, but app (Falcon's Eye) will not run. My son likes this game, so I would like for him to be able to play it without me having to run it from CD. Anyone have any ideas as to why it won't open from HD, but will run from CD??? Any suggestins would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
Try typing
falconseye
in an Xterm/Konsole and it should run. I've not investigated further, but I think that somehow the "clicker" in the K menu is pointing to the wrong place.
BTW, if you've set up an account for your son (that's to say, if you've given him his own user account) make sure that he's a member of the games group.
Thanks fingers99, that works. My next question; how can I make the link (Start Applications/Games/Falcons Eye) open the app? Is there any way (not too complex) of repairing this?
From the Kmenu -> Settings -> Menu Editor then go to the link for the program and change it to the proper settings. Use locate falconseye or dpkg -S falconseye in a console window to find where binary is located.Originally Posted by Cyberzombie

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Seagate Enterprise Capacity 2TB 2.5in SATA Internal HDD ST2000NX0403
$60.00
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00