-
Newbie: VNC in Knoppix 3.3
I'm new to Linux, but very interested. After several false starts, I've finally gotten Knoppix V3.3 running on on my hard drive. Eveything seems to work well, and all hardware is detected. I guess I've been incredibly lucky so far, since I know very little about actually Using a Linux system.
I'd like to use VNC to access this machine remotely as I do with a Windows 2000 machine in the basement which houses my satellite DirecPC receiver.
I searched the Linux partition using KDE's find files application and it turned up several instances of files named Xvnc or similar. Does this mean that VNC is configured on this machine? If so, how do I start it?
If not, can someone give me a step-by-step on installing it (like where to put it and how to set it up and start it)? I did manage to get the realvnc package downloaded to the knoppix home directory, but I don't really know how to proceed from there.
Thanks,
JCH
Similar Threads
-
By rrrjunior in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-01-2005, 02:40 PM
-
By johngrinham in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 11:45 PM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By pbearseven in forum General Support
Replies: 22
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 04:25 PM
-
By srinivasan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-06-2003, 08:47 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

256GB SATA III 2.5" SSD Solid State Drive - High-Speed Storage Upgrade
$75.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99