Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How do I share Win98 internet connection with knoppix?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11

    How do I share Win98 internet connection with knoppix?

    I've booted knoppix off the cd on my laptop. I'm networked to a win98 machine and can ping both ways. How do I share the win98 internet connection with the knoppix machine? Also how do u stop the pinging on knoppix, it just keeps going!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Assuming you've already set win98 up with ICS

    On the knoppix client side:
    ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
    route add default gw 192.168.0.1 eth0
    echo nameserver 192.168.0.1 >> /etc/resolv.conf

    all three commands should be run as root

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11

    that didn't work

    Thanx arkaine but it didn't work. I have Nat32 running on the Win98 machine for sharing the internet connection. Before I went into the knoppix menu then knoppix>network/internet>Network card configuration and click on use Dhcp and it worked once or twice.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11
    It did work, I just realized that u were giving me those ip addresses as examples and that I fill in my own info,

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Internet Connection
    By Siege in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 06:02 AM
  2. Sharing Internet Connection with Knoppix
    By iisatrini in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 09:07 PM
  3. Share internet connection-Win98 Host, Knoppix Client
    By andymadigan in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 03:12 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 07:45 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



CTO Dell H2312XXLR3 Intel Server 12 x 3.5

CTO Dell H2312XXLR3 Intel Server 12 x 3.5" 4NODE Server Chassis Hr2000 / H2000

$597.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97