Simply entering 'yamaha opl3' into the search field yielded these results:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...3289&view=next
Hi, I“m using 3.3-11-19 english and 3.4 ct edition german and the sound chip detection for Yamaha OPL on my Laptop Tecra 8000 doesnt work. After installing Knoppix 3.3 11-19 on my Laptop harddisk i try to configure the soundcard manually with red hats sndconfig in kde and console vica versa I got a segmentation violation error message - no sound. Afterwards I tried to update the debian packages that also didn“t work. Please give me a hint everything is appreciate. Bye Pierre
Simply entering 'yamaha opl3' into the search field yielded these results:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...3289&view=next
Hi, I was ill.
Thanks for your help. But it works only with changes in my tecra Bios:
Bios: Sound chip OS selected -->> All devices
my settings in /etc/modules
soundcore
sound
mp401
opl3sa2 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 io=0x530 mss_io=0x538 mpu_io=0x330
afterwards I got sound
But dmesg said
... io 530 is not a YMF7xx chipset and the module was not loaded ..
maybe there is something wron with the sound driver ?
bye Pierre

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core⢠Ultra Series
$235.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99