-
Junior Member
registered user
Markus--
I followed your instructions, except for leaving off the "gid=(myusername)" part of the fstab line, and it works perfectly!
Here are the additions to my fstab file in case anyone can use them:
none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
/dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 auto noauto,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
/dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb1 auto noauto,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
I added two SCSI devices because I also have a USB-IDE adapter for a laptop HDD that I often use. I suppose it's as easy as adding another mountpoint folder to the /mnt directory and another line to fstab if I want to add another....
Thanks again, Markus, you're a lifesaver!
C ya,
Dutch
Similar Threads
-
By harryc in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-09-2005, 03:01 AM
-
By rstoeck in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 05:49 AM
-
By 00zero in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 01:47 AM
-
By c123 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 09:31 AM
-
By Whiskers in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-29-2003, 09:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM
$129.00

Vintage Apple II Software Nibbles Away Disk Optimized Language 1985
$45.00

Vintage Pokemon 1999 Official Nintendo Squirtle Mouse Pad New In Factory Wrap
$35.00

Vintage Motion Control AB Beehive Technologies ADB I/O Interface Apple Macintosh
$239.99
![Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture](/store/img/g/EhEAAOSwg7ZnexmU/s-l225/Apple-Macintosh-Boot-Disk-System-1-0-8-0-400-800k-.jpg)
Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac
$11.75

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00